Electric Vehicle Programs
As part of our efforts to accelerate clean transportation alternatives in Massachusetts, while effectively managing our distribution system, WMGLD is working to provide incentives for our customers to consider purchasing an electric vehicle as well as programs to support electric vehicle charging.
Releasing alongside the new Time-of-Use rate is the ability for customers to apply for a rebate up to $1,250 for work performed by a licensed electrician to prepare a residence for this separately metered charger. The following are the requirements to be eligible for this rebate:
*NEW* – Time-of-Use Separate Meter Incentive for EVM-TOU
- To fill out the Electric Vehicle (EV) Smart Charging rebate form, CLICK HERE.
- To fill out the Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) rebate form CLICK HERE.
- To fill out the WMGLD Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Agreement, CLICK HERE.
In an effort to expand our current electric vehicle program offers, starting June 1st, 2023, WMGLD now offers a residential rate structure for customers who install a separate meter for the sole purpose of EV charging, the Electric Vehicle Meter Time-of-Use Rate (EVM-TOU).
To fill out the EV Separate Meter Upgrade Rebate Form CLICK HERE.
- Customer must be in good standing
- Customer must provide proof of EV ownership
- Customer must provide proof of Level-2 EV charger installation
- Customer must provide paid invoice from a licensed electrician for installation performed
- Customer must sign and attach our EVM-TOU Rebate Acknowledgement with the rebate form
- Customer must sign up for the EVM-TOU before being eligible for the incentive
We highly recommend you to refer to the the EVM-TOU guide HERE