Board of Commissioners
Meeting Rules & Procedures
All public meetings of the WMGLD Board of Commissioners are subject to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder (M.G.L Chapter 30A, §§18-28; 940 Code of Mass. Regs. 29.00). The public meeting (hereinafter “Meeting”) rules and regulations set forth below are subject to the said laws and regulations.
- The Chairperson of the Board shall preside at all Meetings of the Board. In the event that the Chairperson is for any reason unavailable, the Board Secretary shall preside over the Meeting.
- The Board Secretary, the General Manager or a designee shall ensure that an agenda for the Meeting is available at the Meeting for the public and the Commissioners.
- The Board Secretary, the General Manager or a designee shall ensure that sign in sheet for members of the public who may wish to address the Board during any “public comment” portion of the Meeting agenda or as otherwise allowed by the presiding officer.
- The Open Meeting law does not give the public a right to participate or comment during open meetings. Members of the public may be permitted to address the Board provided: (1) they have signed the sign in sheet, (2) they have been recognized by and (3) granted permission by the presiding officer to do so. All persons must be silent upon request of the presiding officer.
- To the extent practicable, an adequate seating area shall be provided for the public.
- Meetings shall, to the extent practicable, be recorded by electronic means and the presiding officer shall notify all in attendance that the meeting is being recorded.
- Remote participation in the meeting by Commissioners is permitted subject to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law and 940 CMR 29.10.
- The meetings shall be governed by Roberts Rules of Procedure.